Ok, my friend Carla tagged me in her blog. I am suppose to share somethings that no one knows about me. So here we go!
1. I am a virgo and a neat freak! Everyone knows that I am an organizational and cleaning freak. They always say Tammy's house is never dirty and she keeps things so organized and clean. Well the truth is yes, I use to. I clean nowdays when I know people are coming otherwise there is disarray at my house. I have come to embrace it instead of freaking out about it. When I see the boys clothes and toy's on the floor of their room it reminds me that they live here and are happy. As weird as it may seem, it reminds me of them when they are away at school or away from home. I really do miss my boys when they are gone and always look forward with anticipation to their arrival home. So the mess around my house reminds me of lots of love!
2. I am from a small town called up north called Jonesboro. I had a mother who suffered from Lupus and had flare-ups quite a bit and was in and out of the hospital when I was thirteen. My mother was the sole caretaker for me and my younger brother. When mom was in the hospital my sister who is ten years older than me would tke care of us. But when she moved out of the house I was the only one at age fourteen who had to take care of everybody. Sometimes I stayed home and missed lots of school helping to take care of my mother. I also had to take care of my younger brother that was mentally challenged. I was responsible for going to the grocery store and buying groceries, mailing off bills, cooking, laundry you name it. I actually drove before I had my permit to get back and forth to the store. It was a handful at times with going to school but I did it. At one time I was carring 15 credit hours of classes at college, working a full time job at Marion General, taking care of my brother and mother. This is why I am so obssessive about being organized because I had to be to make everything work; organizationis my saftey blanket. I could have easily put my mother in a nursing home but I told everyone that this was not going to be an option for me. They said if you keep on like this you will have no life. But taking care of my mother has made me into the nurse I am today. Taking care of my mother day in and day out gave me my compassion and know how of how to give great care. She was my greatest teacher and I regret nothing of the time I sacrificed for her. It was the least I could do, she did it for me without a blink of an eye. I grew up with out a lot but I have gained so much. I am truly blessed.
Well I think I revealed enough about me. Now it's Julie, Deb, Charmayne and Rah's turn to be tagged!!!
Sunday, November 16, 2008
I've Been Tagged!!!
Posted by TKL at 3:31 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




1 comments:
Hey Tam! Good job!!
I thought of you today....scrapbook corner in Noblesville is closing and they have everything on clearance!! Their last day open is Sunday, so sorry it's late notice! They are located on 32, in front of Linens and things!
Post a Comment