This year I decided to brine a turkey again, it was a hit last year. I used three gallons of water, 2 cups kosher salt, 1 cup of sugar, rosemary, thyme, whole head of garlic, whole allspice,onion and lemon for my brine. Stirred until salt and sugar dissolved and in goes the bird.
Here is the turkey in the brine. I was going to keep it outside in the cold but decided to put it in the downstairs frige instead. It will marinate until Thursday morning. Then rinse the bird, pat dry and stuff it with herbs, onion, lemon wedges and a garlic head cut in half. Mix couple sticks of butter with chopped herbs and place under skin of turkey breasts. Rub outside of bird with olive oil and salt and pepper. Bake at 325 degrees for 2 1/2 to 3 hours. I will put pictures up after I bake the bird Thursday!
Tuesday, November 25, 2008
IN THE BRINE
Posted by TKL at 7:21 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




0 comments:
Post a Comment